Monday, August 23, 2004
My days are filled with "what do I have to bring to craft this week", KYB prep (women's Bible study) and CWA stuff (as well as my many other hats I have these days).
Do I miss my old life? Yes, parts of it. Do I want to go back? No, not really... Just throttle me if I become a farmer... as if the cake-making isn't bad enough!
Thursday, August 05, 2004
- Paul was a very loyal friend who always made us feel good and considered others' needs ahead of his own. He loved his family and his friends.
- His Faith was strong. Even the last time I saw him (a week before his death) he encouraged me greatly to keep strong in my commitment to Christ, even though his life wasn't rosy at the time.
- He spoke about other people with love and respect, even if they had hurt him.
- He loved the past (eg ABBA, retro things (re-runs etc) even if other's didn't share his appreciation) but looked forward to the future.
- Paul & Julie gave me a home when things were tough. I have never forgotten this kind gesture of several years ago, but it cemented my friendship with Paul and showed me the person he was.
Paul was excited about coming up to Gloucester to visit Ian & myself in late August. We had even put a date to it. Paul, we wish you were here, but know that where you are is even better than the Shire (even though the Dragons are far better than the Sharks! ;)).
In loving memory of Paul Hughes 1972-2004.