Monday, January 24, 2005

I didn't know I knew so much...or do I?

I was at after-Church supper last night and was chatting to a couple of the teenage girls there (Yr 10 and Year 12). The cricket was on (I managed to limit my yawning) and Michael Clarke walked across the screen.

I made the cheeky comment which went something like "He's the best thing about cricket - even when he takes his helmet off his hair looks good... and he drives a BMW". After batting (ha!) off the "Shallow" accusations the girls and I launched into a hair conversation. I gave a run down on what I thought he did with his hair (starting with my famous "you need to coat the strands first"). They totally stunned me with "so did you used to be a hairdresser?".

Floored. I said no, I had just been doing my own hair (it's really a hobby) for 13 years. Imagine my horror when I realised that if I had been doing my own hair (as a hobby mind you) for 13 yrs I would be 26 this year. I wish! It's more like 17 years!!!! And they say overnight success is 15 years... well I don't know how successful I am, but it's not bad for a hobby. Feel free to add your own hair stories (or hash up some of my worst (or best) folical moments)...

Kath xo

No comments: