Thursday, January 08, 2004

People are funny... These days we are too eager to give out our 3 contact numbers, 2 email addresses and our website (if we are lucky to have one) to virtual strangers, yet we have laws protecting our privacy and people even suing others over the most minor breaches of it. Why do I mention this?

Well it started about a month ago. I was in 'Word' Bookstore in God's Land (GL hereafter) (Sutherland Shire) and a lady customer at the counter gave her name so the assistant could look her up on the loyalty programme. She was a teacher of mine from School (some 11 years ago). We started chatting and then she had to go, but exchanged email addresses. I only emailed her today...

Secondly, I was on the schoolfriends.com.au website and saw that a girl I went to school with in Kindy was on there, and now lives overseas. I emailed her yesterday, and got a response today. She remembered that our Birthdays were a day apart... we actually nearly tore each other's hair out at Brownies nearly 20 years ago... but I now have a potential email buddy....

Maybe it's just me... but people are funny....

K xo

No comments: