Friday, May 20, 2005

Good Times, and not so Good Times

My husband has brought up the point that it has been a while since I have blogged (mind you, he doesn't have a blog, so he has to rely on mine). As usual, a lot has happened since my last entry...

Last weekend was a biggy. We went to Sydney to see our friends, and go to a 30th, a 21st (the same night), and mine/Ian's/Sean's combined 30th (me), 5th Wedding Anniversary (for the benefit of our new/re-acquainted friends) and meet Sean. Sunday night we gathered with a few friends and scattered our friend Paul's ashes (see entries from July/August 04) at Eleoura Beach (Cronulla).

Out of all the hectic-ness of the weekend, it was Paul's little memorial that made us stand still. As the 23rd Psalm says "He (God) leads me beside quiet waters". Well, the waters weren't still (silly me practically walked into the ocean with jeans and boots on) but we had a sense of peace knowing that Paul is in God's presence for Eternity (ie Heaven). Paul, we may be moving on, but we will forever miss you.

On a brighter note, Sean has discovered that he can rub his eyes with his hands, and he gives me death-stares when I try to put mittens, hats or anything warm (apart from his blankie) on him.

K xo

No comments: