Tuesday, August 16, 2005

RIP Barbie?

I noticed an article in the Sydney Morning Herald (www.smh.com.au) that shows the loss in popularity that Barbie is facing. Her competition? Bratz Dolls. Yes, dolls that are like evil teenage versions of Barbie. How do I know this (apart from the article). I have been know to purchase them in recent years for my niece. In fact, as we speak, I have some Bratz paraphanalia on layby at Kmart!

So what is the appeal of Bratz over Barbie? In my honest opinion, there is only one. Bratz dolls are a little more realistic in the physical department. I am a Barbie girl from way back (although I only had Sindy dolls when I was little - Jen got the Barbies...). Barbie is elegant, stylish, rides a Harley (but you shell out the bikkies for these) and has nicer looking stuff than Bratz dolls.

Feedback???

Kath xo

No comments: