Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Whinging... and the KKK

I have had so much to whinge about lately... everything from sexist pigs at church (there are two men who unfortunately I have absolutely no respect for, to the point of not being able to shake one of their hands on Sunday morning because he makes me so sick) to not being able to order my Ikea catalogue online - maybe 'cos I'm not a 'dr' ;) ...

Last night I saw something on Andrew Denton's Enough Rope that gave me a peace that I haven't had for a very long time. Denton had a guest named Johnny Lee Clary - an ex-KKK leader who has turned to Christ and is now preaching the Word, and helping bring a lot of people to Christ. You can get transcripts off the ABC (Channel 2, Sydney) website, and Johnny has a website too (johnnyleeclary.com). There have been a few things I have struggled with over the years, particularly in relation to a certain racial/religious group, that Johnny put in a new perspective...

Kath :)

No comments: