Monday, August 23, 2004

Changes...

It's amazing how little or how much a person can change in a year. Take this last 12 months (or slightly more). I have gone from a city loving (and still do) washed up yuppie of sorts to looking after country kids at the local school. My days have gone from 10+ caffeine-intensive hours to help with spelling, maths, shoelaces, opening packets of recess, skinned knees, earaches, photocopying (okay, nothing new there) and dealing with "special needs". Even when I do a "full day" it's 8.30-3.15...

My days are filled with "what do I have to bring to craft this week", KYB prep (women's Bible study) and CWA stuff (as well as my many other hats I have these days).

Do I miss my old life? Yes, parts of it. Do I want to go back? No, not really... Just throttle me if I become a farmer... as if the cake-making isn't bad enough!

Kath xo

2 comments:

Julie said...

*giggles at mental picture of Kathryn in muddy overalls and a pitchfork, sipping her latte*

Kathryn said...

You know me too well - at least I would do better than Paris & Nicole!