Thursday, May 10, 2007

Taree - Tropical Coffee Co

I have decided to post more reviews on Hunter/Mid North Coast, Family and just Fabbo Cafes and food places... Feel free to email me 'guest reviews' if you find stuff in said categories.

Tropical Coffee Co (Pulteney Arcade, Taree)
I stumbled across this little gem when I (seriously) felt God guide me down an arcade I don't normally frequent in Taree yesterday. The atmosphere was tastefully islandesque with quite a few tables, but still a comfortable amount of room.

Service was very prompt - but not too prompt (see previous post). Staff seemed very genuine in wanting to help and were just as happy when I 'just wanted a cheese and tomato toasted sandwich' for lunch. It came with a small side of sprouts and a scattering of potato crisps on the top.

I broke with tradition and had the Rose Grey tea ($3.50) which came in a 3 cup plunger. The first cup was great, but the second (and it's my fault) was plunged too long for my liking.

Opening hours 7am-3pm Mon-Fri. They're not open weekends because, simply they don't need to be. They are booked out nearly every morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, so if you're in the area best to get in early. Would be an ideal place to sit and write/blog for a little while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had Lunch there today - great venue been there off and on for nine years - excellent modern cafe style in rustic Taree.

Anonymous said...

I visited again recently. I love this great coffee and tea shop. I like the fact that is likely to be locally owned and the owner has a cool shop of coffee and tea making gear. Nice menu and lovely Aussie coffee. A chocolate as well. I return as often as I visit the Town.