Thursday, April 07, 2005

4D

My bags are packed, my conversation topics are limited (please, if/when you talk to me, it's okay, even good to talk about more than just Bubs' arrival), I am getting very impatient!

Yesterday I went for my (now weekly) checkup with the midwife (obstetrician is away). I found out that if Bubs doesn't arrive by next Wednesday's appointment (it will be 2 days overdue) we will be looking at when it's being induced (was I happy to hear that). Apparently since my blood pressure has been high, it won't be more than about a week over the due date (another sigh of relief), so that means in less than 2 weeks I will officially be a Mother!!!

This brings it's own concerns - will I screw the kid up? will it make me rich and comfortable in my old age? will it eat normal food (some of my friends' kids make me wonder!)? will it like me? will I like it (more a question for 13-15 years time)? will it look like me or Ian? or both? will it bring home stray pets/boyfriends/girlfriends/friends-in-general that I need to feed and house? what will I do if it supports the (NRL) Broncos, or worse still, Manly??? (I can handle rejection of Faith, you can pray about that, I don't think rejection of football teams are really a prayable thing...) or worse still (AFL) Carlton? (see what resting at home does to you)...

By the way, I am still open to name suggestions - the more laugh-producing the better!

Kath xo

3 comments:

Barb Totterdell said...

We had Fergus the Featus and Bertha the Baby for the person who I have replaced :)

Fiona said...

I remember when you were going to call your twin boys Tristan and Tarquin!

Kathryn said...

(rolls eyes) You have no idea how glad I am that I forgot Tristan and Tarquin as I was thumbing through the 70,000 odd in the book. I have heard some strange ones working in a school, but with T&T I feel that I should enrol them in Eton or Rugby... BTW (to Barb) I like Fergus and Bertha!!! I actually had a great (great?) Auntie Bertha (on Dad's side, naturally...).